Monday, July 25, 2011

Back to life, Back to reality

I debated whether or not to post this, because it's a bit more personal that what I usually share on this blog, but it's relevant to my year, so I decided I'm okay with it. I just got back from getting hitched to my bff of the last nine years and fellow arty nerdboy Josholland. We are finally resettled after having the most hectic month of our lives thus far and learning firsthand that all of the barfy cliches about planning a wedding are actually... 100% true. Somehow, as a girl who never cared about weddings, never fantasized about her "bigdayblahblahblah", and as someone who very likely scorned and looked down on the importance people put on this one party, somehow this one day managed to completely temporarily take over my brain and my life for a few months. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying it's funny. And, in retrospect, I suppose it's to be expected - it is the one day you get to make a completely acceptable big fuss out of the most important relationship in your life, might as well make it fun and worth all the trouble, yeah?

There are two reasons I'm posting this.

The first is to say that my brain is back to being mine, and that my creative energies can once again become devoted to nothing else but making lots and lots of artwork over the next few months (good timing too, I have a two person show rapidly approaching that I NEED to get my butt in gear for!).... soooo, hurrah! I have felt stretched very thin, creatively and otherwise, over the last few months, but now I am feeling super good and super excited to get back to the grindstone. :)

The second is to give a well deserved wedding related, but also art related, plug to some serious talent we discovered in our planning process - the lovely gal we hired to be our photographer. The really fun thing about weddings nowadays is that people are getting really artistic with how they execute and document them (I will maybe eventually share a couple of the things we made ourselves... if I decide that it would actually be the slightest bit interesting to anybody but me. ha. we'll see). Wedding photography (along with maybe every other wedding related thing in existence, actually) has a notoriously bad rep for being the most horribly cheasy looking stuff out there, but in the last few years this has really started to change. As someone who loves pretty images and whimsical things, I must say that I am a huge fan of this new trend. It's no joke when people say that the day passes you by like a big blur of a "maybe that happened?" memory, so having such a fantastic eye working behind the camera has so far been credited as the best decision we made. Melissa, the face behind Fresh in Love Photography, is an amazing artist with the ability to capture seemingly ordinary moments and make them look beyond wonderful and, REALLY, more people should know about her. She is awesome. So, if you are so inclined, go and oogle a sample of what she did for us here, and if you are getting married or just want some lovely images, hire her! She travels and is goobers of niceness too. (...goobers, Shannon? I have no idea.)

Anyways, so it's back to life and back to reality for me from here on out. Expect several new posts from me over the next week - there are a lot of new pieces that missed out on being properly blog-posted due to my terribly befuddled brain!

Cheers :)





2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Congratulations. I hope you have many wonderful years to look forward to.
    Your art is stunning, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos look great! Congrats to you & Josh! We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete